Fans from around the globe will once again converge upon Las Vegas in July for International Fight Week, the biggest week of the year for UFC®. July 5 through 8 will see two events including THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: REDEMPTION FINALE on Friday, July 7 and the star-studded UFC® 213 on Saturday, July 8. Both events take place at T-Mobile Arena. The week will also play host to autograph signings, meet and greets and the UFC Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
In the main event of THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: REDEMPTION FINALE, No. 6 lightweight Michael Johnson (18-11, fighting out of Boca Raton, Fla.) welcomes one of the most exciting fighters in MMA, Justin Gaethje (17-0, fighting out of Arvada, Colo.). Johnson, the last man to defeat No. 2 lightweight Tony Ferguson, has some of the quickest hands, causing matchup problems for any opponent who stands in front of him. The undefeated Gaethje makes his Octagon debut after long being considered the top lightweight outside the UFC. He has 14 knockouts in 17 career wins and looks to vault to the top of the 155-pound division with a victory over a perennial contender in Johnson.
Women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes (14-4, fighting out of Miami, Fla.) looks to continue her path of destruction through the division when she collides with No. 1 Valentina Shevchenko (14-2, fighting out of Houston, Texas) in a rematch of their 2016 bout. Nunes has recorded wins over two of the sport’s pioneers in Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate in her last two bouts – both first-round finishes. With 13 finishes in 14 career victories, Nunes is one of the most powerful women in MMA, but she will need to use her diverse skillset to counter the world-class striking of Shevchenko. Owner of a 67-3 professional kickboxing record, Shevchenko is one of the most polished strikers in the UFC. Her only loss inside the Octagon® came at the hands of Nunes and Shevchenko hopes to avenge that loss and capture UFC gold.
In what may be one of the biggest grudge matches in UFC history, bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt (11-0, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) takes on arch nemesis and former champion, No. 2 TJ Dillashaw (15-3, fighting out of Denver, Colo.). The undefeated Garbrandt is coming off a career-best performance against one of the most dominant champions in the sport, Dominick Cruz. The win cemented him atop the 135-pound division and showed that Garbrandt is more than just a power puncher. His matchup with Dillashaw is personal, as the two used to train together at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento, so he looks to not only defend his world title, but keep bragging rights in California. Dillashaw, who has seemingly endless stamina, comes from a wrestling background and has developed into one of the most well-rounded competitors in the division. With wins over the likes of Renan Barao, John Lineker and Raphael Assuncao, he’s proven that he can compete with the best of the best.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: REDEMPTION FINALE Additional bouts:
- In a battle of top lightweight prospects, knockout artist Marc Diakiese (12-0, fighting out of Manchester, England) collides with powerful Drakkar Klose (6-0-1, fighting out of Glendale, Ariz.)
- No. 15 light heavyweight Jared Cannonier (9-2, fighting out of Anchorage, Alaska) meets heavy-handed Canadian Steve Bosse (12-2, fighting out of St-Jean Sur Richelieu, Quebec)
- Additional bouts for The Ultimate Fighter Finale can be found here
UFC® 213 Additional bouts:
- Former welterweight champion, No. 2 Robbie Lawler (27,11, 1 NC, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) meets fan-favorite, No. 8 “Cowboy” Cerrone (32-8, 1 NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.)
- Top-ranked heavyweight Fabricio Werdum (21-6-1, fighting out of Los Angeles, Calif.) meets MMA legend Alistair Overeem (42-15, 1NC, fighting out of Amsterdam, The Netherlands) in a trilogy bout
- Former lightweight kingpin Anthony Pettis (19-6, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.) returns to the division he once reigned over when he meets crafty veteran Jim Miller (28-9, 1 NC, fighting out of Sparta, N.J.)
- Additional bouts for UFC 213 can be found here